For 2 days I have been trying to change maximum upload size because I was not able to upload a large template called Ultimatum. The limit that comes with a new install is 2MB, but now 100MB is needed.
To learn how to do this read on.
First of all, locate your
php.ini file. Ask your hosting provider about changing your PHP environment, or use the phpinfo file as discussed below.
1. Create new text file in the site root directory root and name it
2. Open info.php and add these lines:
<?php phpinfo(); ?>
3. Save it.
4. Go to [site_url]/info.php in any web-browser.
5. In the 9th line you will see: Loaded Configuration File path/php.ini
6. Go to that path, and find
php.ini. Ensure that you have write permissions. If not set them to 777 for most hosting services.
7. Open it, and edit the file as follows: Search for post_max_size=8M, and change it to post_max_size=100M Search for upload_max_filesize=2M, and change it to upload_max_filesize=100M
8. Go back to your admin page>Media>Add New
9. On the bottom you will see that 2MB has changed to 100M.
If you run your web site from your own server you will need to restart Apache to enable the change. For init.d machines use: