About Rinet IT
Rinet, a name meaning innovation and responsiveness, was derived from crystal names. Rinet is located in Eltham (Victoria) and was founded in 2010 as a web site and application developer for small to medium businesses.
Hi, my name is Glenn, a freelance web designer and the sole owner of Rinet IT, based near Melbourne, Australia.
I have come from a technical background with Telstra. I have been programming with various languages beginning with Fortran in 1988. In 2009 I completed the Advanced Diploma of IT (Software and Process Improvement) along with Certificate IV in IT (Software and Networking) at NMIT (now Melbourne Polytechnic).
During the course I discovered a flair for building websites, especially using PHP and MySQL, the same technology behind Facebook for example. I also enjoy using Fireworks and Flash to create fantastic graphics which help entice visitors to a site.
I love learning about new techniques and technologies, including jQuery build better websites. Cake PHP was a recent experience, and next is Grav, a modern open source flat file CMS which doesn’t use a database is very fast for Rinet Web Design.
I take great satisfaction in producing quality, attractive sites that work well for my clients.
- Web Design and Development
- WordPress, Joomla and Drupal
- WooCommerce, OpenCart, Magento eCommerce platforms
- Photoshop and Fireworks
- Business Application Development (using VB.NET and Java)
- Server and small network setup
- PC and Operating System Installation and Maintenance
I have experience installing and maintaining Linux and Microsoft Windows 2008 servers, including:
- Server planning and design
- User and user group management
- Directory tree permissions
- IIS and Apache installation and maintenance.
- DNS installation
- Backup plan and implementation
Examples of my work can be seen on my Online Portfolio.